The term “Custody” refers to major decisions for your child’s education, health care, religion, and extracurricular activities. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration since it concerns the upbringing of your child.
If both parents are legal custodians, they enter into a shared custody arrangement, also known a shared parenting plan. If only one parent is the legal custodian, we refer to that simply as a parenting plan.
Creating a parenting time schedule requires us to consider many things. Here is a short list of the things we typically consider:
- How close the parents live to each other
- If both parents live in the same school district
- The children’s friends and relatives who live in the area
- How polite the parents have been with each other during separation
- The children’s education and participation in school activities
Let a highly-skilled lawyer handle your custody and parenting time issues. For more information, please connect with me today.